Floor Cleaning: Hire a professional to make them perfecthome cleanliness Nov 17,2017
Any owner with hard wood floors can agree, cleaning the hardwood floor can be a heavy task! There are many products that promise the best results, as well as conditioning, for a longer life. However, apart from word of mouth from another who has used it, often we cannot be sure of these products ourselves. Many people find themselves returning to the same previous product. While the result may not be exactly what they are looking for, at least no harm has been done. At least, that's how it seems.
Maintenance & Cleaning
Unlike many other types of floors, hardwood floors are different. It can wear, stains can penetrate the wood if it is not finished and sealed correctly, and requires a certain maintenance schedule. In addition to daily sweeping or vacuuming, wood floors should be cleaned at least every month with a product specifically for hard wood.
A special coating or sealant must be applied at least every five years. This helps prevent spills from getting into the wood and may even prevent the wood from warping. Once every ten years or so, you will have to sand and re-varnish the hardwood. A process like this can make wooden floors look almost new in the coming decades! Of course, these schedules can be individualized, depending on the lifestyle of your family. Wood floor wear occurs differently depending on how much is used.
Wood Floor Cleaning Tips
- Even though professional cleaning is the best way to get hardwood floors, there are some things you can do that will help.
- Be sure to clean spills as soon as they occur. Using a cloth moistened with water is the best way, avoiding aggressive chemicals.
- If you have wood floors in the kitchen, use mats or rugs in areas prone to spills. In front of the sink and under the children's chairs are good places for these.
- Use a humidifier in rooms with hardwood floors. Especially in Arizona's dry climate, this can help alleviate the gaps between the boards and make the floors last much longer.
- Do not use products that are specifically for tile or vinyl flooring. Not only are the chemicals excessively aggressive to wood, but they can dull the finish almost immediately.
- Do not use a wet mop or steam cleaner on the wood. Both water and steam can leave an opaque finish. If your floor has not been sealed or recently finished, it can even damage the wood.
- Attach felt guards to the bottom of the furniture that is likely to cause scratches if it slides along the floor. This is especially important for the legs of the chairs and the coffee table legs.
Proper care can reduce problems later
The wooden floors are beautiful and many people prefer them over vinyl or carpet. They have a sophisticated appearance. Unfortunately, if it is left uncleaned or cleaned improperly, you may need to refinish much earlier than it should. Worse still, if the wooden floors are cleaned in the wrong place for long periods of time, you may even need to replace them.
Either of these situations will leave you with costly alternatives to choose from. On the other hand, proper care, even if it is a bit more expensive in advance, can protect and secure your hardwood floors for generations to come.
Choose spotless home
When you want your wood floors to stand the test of time, just call spotless home! With more than ten years of experience, clients are simply enthusiastic about their quality of service. These are just some of the benefits that you can take advantage of:
- 100% free cleaning by qualified cleaning technicians without any obligation on your part.
- BEST equipment, the BEST cleaning methods of the wooden floor.
- A local owned business that REALLY cares about you!
- For more information or to set up your free cleaning audit today, be sure to contact Spotless home today!