9 tips to make your parquet floors look as goodcleaning tips Jan 23,2018
The parquet floor is beautiful in any home and its style and design can match almost any style of decoration. It is formed by different pieces of wood arranged in angles and designs. Believe it or not, this form of the floor has been used since 1600, and it remains a very popular option. The parquet is very resistant and lasts for years. This type of floor in any home is a great statement, so when yours shines and looks beautiful, the whole room will have an extra "something" that will make it more attractive.
The parquet floor requires special floor polishing, floor cleaning and, sometimes, it may be necessary to sand and reseal it to restore its original appearance. Maintenance is not difficult, but it must be done frequently so that your floors look their best.
Most of the floor cleaning and maintenance that must be done on parquet floors can be done without having to hire a professional. Whether your parquet is in your kitchen, living room or throughout your home, here are our tips to help you shine:
1. Use a sweeper and vacuum regularly on the floor to remove crumbs, dirt, and dust.
2. When necessary, use products that are specifically designed for hardwood or parquet floors to polish and clean floors. Never use harsh floor cleaning chemicals or abrasive tools or cleaners.
3. Mainly wood floors absorb the moisture and then get damaged, So, keep parquet floors dry and check the humidity in your home. Clean spills immediately after they occur.
4. Make sure your house is not too wet, especially if the parquet floors are in the kitchen or bathroom. When you are cooking you can open a window, consider using a dehumidifier to control humidity throughout your home.
5. It is a good idea to use curtains to prevent direct sunlight from shining on the floor for long periods of time, which can cause discoloration. If you have pets, keep the nails trimmed so they do not scratch the floors.
6. Use a mop, water, and commercial cleaners that are designed for parquet floors to gently clean the floor. The trick is to use as little water and cleaner as possible, to avoid water damage and not to scrub too much, to avoid scratching and other damage. Only use this technique on floors that are sealed.
7. You can use specialized polish on them to make your floor shine. Follow the floor cleaning instructions carefully and use the suggested products that are safe for wood floors.
8. If your floors begin to look worn, they may need to be resealed. Before you start, read the care manual that comes with your floor material. You will have to use a sander to smooth the floors and eliminate imperfections. Then, using a sealing product, cover the floors to give them a protective cover. Hire a floor sander directly with HSS Hire. To get into those uncomfortable edges, you can also hire an Edge Sander and hire both along with the Floor and Edge Sander rental package.
9. In cases where your floor is damaged, you can replace the portion by drilling shallow holes in the damaged piece and using a chisel to remove the wood. Be sure to also remove the accessories from the floor and any adhesive left on the floor or the surrounding floors of the parquet floor. Now you can replace the damaged part with a new piece of floor. Carefully cut it to size, make sure it fits, and then use parquet flooring adhesive to install it.
The parquet floor is a beautiful style of floors that can be added to any room and complete any style of decoration. By floor cleaning and caring for it regularly, and by maintaining and repairing the floor when necessary, your parquet floors will look like new!